Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: The Face Mold Question

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This topic has come up in other threads, and I thought maybe it would be fun to address in its own thread:

    What do you think about American Girl face molds? Should there be more? Or do you hope they continue using the most-used one(s), but with more variations in things like freckles/no freckles and hairstyle?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My daughter would like a doll that looks more like them with brown eyes and very light brown hair. More dolls with bangs would be good and I love freckles!!!!!!!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd like a lot more face molds. There are smaller doll companies that have multiple face molds, so I don't think economy is the reason AG isn't branching out. They have probably spent a lot of money on developing lines that went "kaput," so spending the money on something that would sell seems to make more sense. To me it seems like it's the easy way out to keep using the same face mold.

    It is wonderful to see the changes AG is at least making in the hairstyle department. The dolls no longer all have the Samantha/Molly/Kirsten hairdo. The variety has definitely improved since the company first started. (YAY!) I think my mouth dropped to the floor way-back-when, when I noticed the new doll Felicity had no bangs. Hee hee! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would like some new AG face molds, but I don't want the AG doll prices to increase AGAIN! Grrr! So far, all of my dolls have different face molds, different neck markings, and different colored hair, so they're pretty different. But at Christmas, when I get Marisol, and most likely Nellie, I will have three dolls with the same face mold, two dolls with blue-green eyes, three dolls with brown eyes, and probably, three dolls with "American Girl" stamped on the back of their necks. I won't care, though [img]smile.gif[/img] . Each doll is different. I mean, who can say that Nellie and Josefina look alike? Besides the face molds, there's no similarities! As long as AG keeps each doll different in SOME way, I will be happy [img]wink.gif[/img] .

  5. #5
    Inactive Member slovejoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2005
    Posts
    705
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh shoot Cami, now I look at my dolls and see the pig nose ....ARGH! I never noticed it before, but there is quite a difference in the Josefina nose and the Felicity nose. I just need to move beyond the pig and keep telling myself, it looks more like a toddlers nose...I don't want my dolls to be Piggish [img]smile.gif[/img] .
    [img]eek.gif[/img]

    Shanna

  6. #6
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cami, you have me thinking about the "pig nose" now, too. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I have never liked the pug nose look on the AGs, although I like the dolls. It is especially bad if you have the dolls displayed up high and look at them from below. Looking from above is not quite as bad. [img]wink.gif[/img] Like you mentioned, Josefina's nose just seems more realistic.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Grr! Cami! Now you have me worrying about Kit and Elizabeth's (AGT 4) pug noses! UGGH! Now I'll never get it out of my head! Well, I probably will eventually... but still! GRRR!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member marilyn2222's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2005
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am a fan of the original face mold. I like the different molds being used for different ethnicities, but I don't like an over-use of the those face molds. Then the dolls that do have that face mold seem less special. (I'm not a fan of Elizabeth in the Josefina face mold.) I would love to see different ethnicities.

    I like the new trend of no bangs. We have so many dolls with bangs right now. I would like to see some more different hairstyles. (Short, medium, etc.)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cami713's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    1,375
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so sorry I pointed it out to those of you who hadn't noticed! I do think it's cute, when other people see my dolls for the first time and notice the nose, I say they have a button nose, lol. I just really like the Josefina mold better, the nose, lips and chin look so much more realistic.

    It is especially bad if you have the dolls displayed up high and look at them from below. Looking from above is not quite as bad.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is probably the majority of my problem, lol, my dolls are on a hutch above my desk, so when I'm setting in my desk chair, their noses are a good 3-4 feet above my eye level. I always feel like I'm looking up their noses, lol! Can't help but wonder if I'll see some bogies in there sometime, [img]wink.gif[/img] .

    I agree about different hair styles. I hope that Jess has the hair of AGT26, but in a new red color, and (would be prefered by me) on the Josefina face mold, with AGT21's eyes. She would be SO different looking.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member MareGathersDolls's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2005
    Posts
    42
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd like a new face mold if it doesn't mean a rise in prices. I still have four historicals and three AGTs to go! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •